The Ghanaian diplomat who served as the seventh UN secretary general has died aged 80. World leaders, traditional leaders, politicians have gathered at the Accra International Conference Center for his funeral rites.
- Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.
2. Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance.
3. Education is a human right with immense power to transform. On its foundation rest the cornerstones of freedom, democracy and sustainable human development.
4. What governments and people don’t realise is that sometimes the collective interest – the international interest – is also the national interest.
5. If one is going to err, one should err on the side of liberty and freedom. Kofi Annan